Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Too Long

It's been a really, really long time since I last posted an update to the blog. April has been an insane month at work for me which is the excuse I'm using for the lapse here. But anyway, on with the news.

Braeden will be 16 months old next week! His new big thing is pitching a fit. I remember writing on here that he'd finally sat up on his own, crawled, stood, walked, and now I get to write about temper tantrums. The other milestones were much more fun to live through! He started having tantrums earlier this month and they've become more frequent as the month wore on. Typically he resorts to a tantrum when he's hungry or thirsty, but sometimes it's just because we won't let him do what he wants to do. I know it's perfectly normal, but it's really hard to watch your perfectly complacent kid turn into a screaming, thrashing monster rolling on the floor and shoving you, the paccy, or his sippy cup away from him. We pretty much let him get it out of his system, then try to give him what he wants (if he's hungry).

I've been working with him in the hopes he'll start talking soon. Cat, foot, fan, cup, these are just some of the words I'm trying out with him. He points a lot at the lights, the ceiling fan, his mobile, or one of the surround speakers. Each time he points, I tell him the word again.

A couple weeks ago he went to the doctor for his 15-month check-up. He had two shots, but otherwise it was a good visit. He weighed in at 24 pounds 13 ounces, and is in the 50th percentile for weight and 25th for height. The doctor was pleased with how he's doing.

Today was school picture day for the infants and toddlers at the day care. We dressed Braeden in a new white tee shirt with a green sea turtle on the front and a pair of jeans (since it was only in the 60s today). He looked adorable. But it probably doesn't matter. Each time the photographer is there, Braeden does nothing but scream. He hams it up for us, but will not cooperate for the professional.

That's all the news for now. But I will send a few pictures I've taken with my camera phone to the blog so you can see how he looks now.

No comments: