Saturday, April 28, 2007

A new doctor's office

I called Wendover and made an appointment. What a process!

They told me they like to schedule a pregnant woman's first appointment during her eighth week, so I'm going in May 15 at 8:00. But I'm not meeting with Tanya, the midwife. I'm meeting with someone else. They'll run some labs, go over my insurance, and do some other screening stuff. Then I go back the week after for my first appointment with Tanya. That's May 22 at 8:30.

Plus, before my first appointment I had to complete Wendover's pregnancy form online. When I started, the directions said it would take 45 minutes to complete. Fortunately for me, that was a drastic embellishment. I think I spent less than 10 minutes filling out the form. It was basically a patient history...asking for information on previous pregnancies and health conditions that I or someone in my immediate family had been diagnosed with. So now, I'm all set for my first appointment, even if I don't really understand what will happen then.

Monday I'll call Femina and cancel my Thursday appointment. I also need to call to get the LabCorp pregnancy test results faxed to Wendover.

No comments: