Saturday, April 14, 2007

Two pink lines

And just like that, we're pregnant again!

We'd only just started trying in March. Mat keeps reminding me that I was the one who said it would take a while, and here we are pregnant after just one month. But seriously. I'm 31, not 17. I had every reason to believe it would take a few months.

When I didn't get my period Friday, I started to wonder. I've been pretty regular lately. But I didn't feel pregnant at all. I bought a couple tests at the dollar store this morning (thanks, Emily, I never would have thought to get them there!) and used one this afternoon. The second line was pretty faint, but it was there.

I wasn't sure if I should tell Mat right away...it was just such a surprise to me. But a couple months ago, I had bought this tiny onesie at Target with the words Tax Deduction on the front. I knew it was the perfect way to tell Mat, when I got pregnant. I got out the onesie and put the test on top of it, then called Mat into the bathroom to see it. He didn't get it at first, but when he did, he was stunned. Speechless. I don't know why, but I found his reaction so funny. I guess because I was so surprised too.

We're still in shock, really. I'll take another test tomorrow morning, just to be sure. Then it will be time to call the doctor.

No comments: