Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Vacation

We had a great visit with MeMa and P Pa last week! (I'm trying out the names without hyphens...I like MeMa that way, but P Pa is awkward without a hyphen. It doesn't seem worth thinking about, does it?)

MeMa and P Pa brought the castle and people with them since Braeden has been talking about it since Christmas. He LOVES it. Drags it all over the downstairs to play with it in the bedroom, kitchen, living room, or by the front door. We were commenting on the fact that the little flag flying from one of the turrets has survived as long as it has, and now I'm pleased to say Braeden drags it around the house by the flag. :)

During their almost weeklong visit, I think Braeden spent a total of 10 minutes on the ground. He insisted on being carried by MeMa or P-Pa (the hyphen has returned!). And he would have nothing to do with Mat or me during their visit. He only wanted MeMa to change his diaper, or P-Pa to read to him at night. Fortunately, we've returned to normal since they've gone...meaning it's back to all mommy, all the time. And I couldn't be happier!

MeMa and P-Pa got to spend an overnight alone with B so that Mat and I could go to the beach for the night. We had a fantastic time in Beaufort and Atlantic Beach and a great dinner at the Sanitary in Morehead City. The highlight of dinner was watching a couple of dolphins play in the inlet outside our window. The highlight of the trip was my gorgeous birthday present, a beautiful ring! Thanks, Matty!

I'm sure I'll think of more to add...photos to come!

No comments: