Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bad Dreams

I asked Mat to write about Braeden's bad dream because he was the one to hear Bray crying in the night. So, here in his own words, is Mat's story:

Bray has been waking up once almost every night between 1 and 3 am, I’m not sure why. Normally, I just have to go upstairs, give him his blanket, and tell him that it is nighttime and that he needs to go back to sleep. After this, he is usually quiet until morning. Tuesday morning, this didn’t work though. When I heard him, I went upstairs and he was sitting up in bed, wide awake and yelling. He kept looking over the side of the bed and crying “jeep! jeep!”. He was inconsolable for probably 45-60 seconds, then he suddenly got this look of awareness on his face, and immediately settled back down to bed and fell asleep. I suppose he must have dreamt that he lost his jeep (one of his favorite toys), and once he realized he was safe and sound in bed, he could settle back down again.

No comments: