Monday, August 27, 2007

M&Ms

I'm almost too excited to type!

Braeden peed on the potty this morning! I was showering...I can't believe I missed it! But Mat went up this morning when Braeden woke up, helped him out of his pjs and diaper, and then read books to him while Braeden sat on the potty. (Our morning tradition) When they finished reading, Mat told him it was time to get up and get his diaper on, but Braeden told him he was peeing. Mat looked, and sure enough, Braeden was!

When Braeden was done, they went in the bathroom and flushed the pee. When they came downstairs, Mat gave him three M&Ms! I came out a few minutes later and saw Braeden holding the M&Ms I knew immediately that he had used the potty! I gave him lots of kisses and told him how proud I was. And I told him that he's like Michael now (the little boy who learns to use the potty in the book)! Braeden seemed very proud of himself too!

I told the woman at school that Braeden had used the potty at home and asked her to encourage him to do it at school too. We're just so excited!

1 comment:

Me-ma said...

Yippee -- the beginning of yet another milestone in Braeden's life. He deserves a chocolate chip cookie for that accomplishment!