Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Regular Check-up

I went to the doctor yesterday for a regular check-up. It was nice not to have blood work for once. For a while it felt like I was driving 20 minutes every few weeks just to give three or four vials of blood.

The nurse checked my blood pressure (always a concern after one bout of preeclampsia), but it's still very good at 120/70. Same as before the baby. :)

Weight gain is right on track, about 8 pounds now. I'm committed to never scheduling another appointment at the end of the day because my weight was four pounds heavier than it had been in the morning. It's so demoralizing! And of course, I had to make that case with Tanya to explain. I didn't want her to think I'd been gorging myself on milkshakes (much to Lisa's disappointment)!

We listened to the galloping heartbeat--135 beats/minute. Perfectly normal.

And yup, my uterus is still right where it should be, just above my belly button now. I love that they check each visit...where is it going to go? Mat wonders if they'll find it in my leg one day!

My next appointment is in 4 weeks for the glucose test!

We went up to Rhinebeck last week, so I'll post about the trip and the very sweet family shower when I have a little more time.

No comments: