Thursday, September 6, 2007

Baby names

When I was pregnant with Braeden, Mat and I had a deal that we would NOT share the name with anyone until Braeden was finally here. This turned out to be a lot more fun for us than I ever could have thought. There are few things worse (as a potential parent) than telling someone your future baby's name and getting the look. Or the long pause. Or the so obviously fake rave about your choice.

So, I will tell you a few names that won't make it onto the birth certificate...

Garth
Howard
Arthur
Roy
Archie

And of course I mean no disrespect to any reader out there who has one of these names or is related to someone named Garth. :)

I'm sure I'll write more about names as we get closer...I've got some hard-and-fast naming rules too, so that will be a future post!

3 comments:

ET said...

i fully support your decision not to share...

can't wait to hear your hard and fast rules.

DianeInOz said...

I do not support your decision not to share. I think you are just plain cruel.

Me-ma said...

You are teasing us again with the name thing. I can almost feel your gaze on me when you say it's a lot of fun holding out on people! I'm content to wait for the name, truly...