Tuesday, September 18, 2007

More on Names

I've been proofing Elon's donor honor roll which is as much fun as it sounds, but it's given me a lot of time to review A LOT of names. The proofing drove my last post on names we will never choose for this baby.

There is a name I love that we won't go with, so I thought it would be nice to give my readers an idea of the direction we'll go in when we choose the name.

Gray. I love that name for a little boy. The reason we won't name him Gray is that we would then have Bray and Gray and that is way too cutesy for my taste! That's the kind of thing some parents do when they have twins, and it bugs me. So, as much as I love the name Gray, this baby will not be baby Gray.

But this should give you an idea of the kind of names I like. I think Braeden has a traditional feel without being a very traditional name. It's popular but it's not a name we hear every day.

Next time I'll post about my baby name rules...something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Me-ma said...

Reading your blog about names and specifically Gray reminded me of the western author Zane Gray, so if it isn't Gray, maybe it's Zane? You know I'm not good at guessing but just thought I'd throw that one out there! And holding little Will sounds so good! Glad you and Emily enjoyed lunch at M...'s.