Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gobble gobble!

We had an interesting Thanksgiving. This was our first time celebrating as just our small family. It's always weird for me not to be in Rhinebeck for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday, but it was nice, different to just spend the day with Mat and Braeden.

I brined our 14-pound turkey for the first time this year. Brining makes for a much moister and more flavorful turkey. Me, I like my turkey dry but Mat always complains it's like chewing shoe leather. So I gave brining a shot. It came out great! With the turkey, we had gravy, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, and cornbread. Yum yum!

Braeden couldn't wait until the turkey was ready, so he had peanut butter and jelly for lunch then went upstairs for quiet time while we had our turkey dinner. He was sooo tired! Of course he wouldn't sleep though. The nap came later. After quiet time was over, he came downstairs to watch football with me. He wanted to lay down with his head on a pillow and his blanket over him. And within minutes, he was asleep.

Mat and I ate our Thanksgiving dinner by ourselves...but with constant interruptions from the little boy upstairs who was supposed to be having quiet time in his room with the door shut.

Here's the picture of our Thanksgiving table.

No comments: