Monday, December 10, 2007

To strip or not to strip

That's the big question this week on everyone's mind. Mine, mostly, but everyone seems to want to know what I'll end up doing. And truthfully, I have no idea.

I've read posts from other women on message boards relating their experiences with membrane stripping. It's no guarantee that you'll actually go into labor. I've read about women going back for a second round with still no success.

Mat was talking to a colleague about it this morning. She had her membranes stripped with her second child and was in labor in less than 12 hours. Don't you love that my husband was talking to a female colleague about this?? He's so clinical and so comfortable with all things scientific and medical, but it still always amazes me how willing he is to go there with anyone.

According to Tanya's nurse, she stripped the membranes for two patients last week and both went into labor within 12 hours.

So much anecdotal evidence, but I guess it all comes down to my gut and what I feel like Thursday when I go in for the appointment. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Me-ma said...

I congratulate you on your sense of humor at this later stage in your pregnancy! Good for you. And I did not know much at all about stripping memranes so I am in the same boat as you. Hey we just look forward to meeting the new little baby p-g whenever he makes his debut! Stay well. xxmom