Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bye bye ponytail!

This post has absolutely nothing to do with Braeden, but I wanted to post the pictures and this is one of the only places I have to do it. So, here's the story...

For a very long time my assistant Michelle did not cut her hair. It was crazy long, all the way down her back and very thick and curly. Michelle told me she was going to cut it. She made and canceled several appointments. When I asked her about it, she said her mother wanted to take pictures of them together and wanted Michelle's hair long in them. One day Lisa asked her about it too and learned that Michelle was actually going in the next day to get it cut. And she was donating her hair to Locks of Love.

While I was pregnant, I let my hair grow. And I liked having it long because I could pull it back in a ponytail really easily. So, here's a picture of my hair that I took this morning.


One of the days when I was pregnant and bored, I wondered how long my ponytail was. I had Mat measure it and found it was only 7 inches. But as the months went on, and my hair grew longer and longer, I knew I could keep growing it until it was long enough for Locks of Love which requires a 10-inch minimum. After I had Gage, I was really ready to cut my hair off. I measured the length and I was finally ready. I made an appointment for this afternoon.

Here's my hair now:


It will never look this good again! She dried my hair with a round brush and used a flat iron to be sure it was really smooth. I've got a hair dryer, round brush, and a flat iron but I will not be able to do this. The back of my hair is incredibly short and stacked. But fortunately I had a little more length in the front so it looks longer.

All that's left to do now is wait for my ponytail to dry then ship it off to Locks of Love. It's funny because this short cut in going to be A LOT MORE work than my long hair, but I really love the cut.

4 comments:

Mareike said...

I love the haircut. You look great!

Brian and Lindsay said...

so cute!

Emily said...

love, love it!! i don't think I realized it had gotten so long...

Me-ma said...

You looked great with your beautiful long hair and you look terrific with the chic new cut. I like it short and think that you'll get used to doing it and making it smooth or maybe letting it go natural is an option too! Great!