Thursday, January 24, 2008

Four weeks

Gage is four weeks old today! He's more precious than I can say. Everyone who sees him remarks on how much he looks like Mat. I'm very bad at looking at babies and seeing a resemblance, but Gage definitely has some of Mat's features that are even obvious to me.

Gage has the longest eyelashes and so does Mat. Gage also has the fullest lips just like Mat. I see a resemblance between Gage and Braeden, otherwise Gage just looks like the sweetest baby boy!

Two weeks ago we took Gage to the doctor for a check-up and I promised I would take him back at four weeks for a weight check. AS promised, we went this morning. Two weeks ago Gage weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and today he weighed in at 8 pounds 3 ounces. I asked the doctor if it was okay that Gage had only gained 6 ounces in the last two weeks and she assured me he was doing great. I was only concerned because he had gained so much between his first week's check-up and his second.

I also asked the doctor about his umbilical cord stump which STILL hasn't fallen off. She swabbed it with silver nitrate to seal off the vessels still supplying blood to the cord stump to encourage it to fall off. It's really hanging by a thread but it should have fallen off already. You all know how much we're dying to give this kid a real bath! The doctor said the stump should fall off in a day or two. Once it does, I'll post a sweet picture of Gage's round tummy and perfect belly button!

No comments: