Sunday, January 6, 2008

Such a good big brother


Braeden loves to hold his baby brother and he's actually very good about it. Most of the time, I sit Braeden on the couch and put Gage between his legs. I help out by supporting Gage's head. Braeden can kiss Gage's head or hold his hand. He's usually done after a couple minutes, so I really think it's sweet when Braeden asks if he can hold his baby brother.

We've had a pretty low-key weekend. I did take Gage out on his first trip (other than to the doctor) Saturday. We went to JC Penney so I could buy a couple nursing bras. While we were in the fitting room, Gage woke up so I took the opportunity to nurse him. He was perfect the whole time we were out. We were only gone an hour but it was really nice to get out of the house and go out around people. This was our first time using the snap-n-go stroller base. It worked like a dream! It was so easy to remove from the trunk and unfold. And I could operate it with one hand and open doors with the other. It was also easy to manuever through the tight racks in Penney's. I'm so glad I put it on my registry and so glad Pete and Carol bought it for us.

We're watching the Giants now in their Wild Card game (they're winning!) and are planning to go to Monterrey's for dinner. I wonder if some of the reason Braeden LOVES Monterrey's is that I ate it so often while I was nursing him. Whatever I eat ends up in my breast milk, and some people are concerned about foods with really strong flavors or really spicy food. But I think that's ridiculous. Lots of cultures are known for their highly-seasoned or spicy food; women don't stop eating just because they're nursing, so why would it be an issue if I eat spicy salsa once a week?! I could eat at Monterrey's every day and not get tired of it!

No comments: