Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fatty Patty

Happy six-week birthday, baby Gage! To celebrate, we went to see Tanya for my follow-up appointment. I feel fine and I have proof to back that up now.

Then we had lunch with daddy and showed Gage off to his colleagues who LOVE babies.

And finally, we capped off our day with a trip to the pediatrician to check Gage's weight. I stripped him down and changed his diaper so its weight wouldn't screw up Gage's reading. Before I put him on the scale the nurse asked how much I was hoping for...9 pounds sounded just right to me. And I was dead on. Gage now weighs exactly 9 pounds!

For comparison's sake, Braeden weighed just 8 lbs 6 oz at his 8-week check-up. It's amazing how different two babies grow, especially when one isn't debilitated by a bad case of reflux.

Tomorrow we're spending time with Emily, Will, and her stepmom Dana who made the bedding for Gage's room. I can't wait to see it! I will definitely post pictures when it's all together. I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see the bedding or to see Will again. I haven't seen him since my shower at the end of November. The photos and videos on Will's blog are great, but I'm really looking forward to holding this kid for myself and hearing his laugh in person.

No comments: