Saturday, March 22, 2008

Love for little g's!

Mat wondered if I was drinking triple espressos when I wrote the baby names post...I wasn't, but I do apologize if it was way too long or too crazy for anyone. :) Once I start typing, I tend to lose track of how much I've written or how much detail I've provided. Clearly baby names are VERY important to me and giving our boys the perfect names really mattered to both of us.

So, with that out of the way, I thought it would be a good time to give everyone an update on our experience so far with gDiapers.

I still LOVE them!

Gage wears the smalls which I now have in five colors: vanilla, chocolate, orange, blue, green, and the very manly lavender. Each g comes with two snap-in liners. You have to order the pants and liners from the official web site but you can buy the flushable inserts from a few different stores (or online). Last weekend I bought three packages of inserts from our local EarthFare. That should keep us going for a few more weeks.

We haven't tried gDipes overnight yet but I think we're almost ready. I just want to be sure Mat's really got the hang of using them before I make him try to do it in the middle of the night.

Actually, we might have some news on that front. For the past couple nights I've nursed Gage around 11:30 or so. Then he's slept until 5:30 or 6:00! Aside from the uncomfortable fullness I feel going so long between nursing, it's AMAZING for us to get that many hours of uninterrupted sleep again!

Our friend Mareike (who used to live in Ithaca and work in the lab Mat was in while he earned his Ph.D.) in CA sent Gage an incredibly wonderful gift. She gave him five medium gDipes and a big box of the flushable inserts! When he gains a few more pounds he'll be able to wear his new green (a new color for us!), chocolate, vanilla, orange, and blue little g pants. Meeting Mareike was one of the highlights of our time in Ithaca. She's a funny, generous, kind woman who values her family and friends over everything else. She loves reading the boys' blogs and I love knowing that she's all the way on the other side of the country reading the crazy things I post.

I joined a Yahoo! group for gDiaper users and one of them posted this earlier today...this was the response from gHeadquarters to her question about green little g pants:

"Alas, the Goodwill Green is sold out in size small and medium. Fashion is important to us and we promise to continually offer fun and hip colors and prints in our 'little g' pants. Keep your eyes peeled for new colors coming this spring!"

I added the emphasis above because I am dying for little g's in fun and hip colors and prints!! I cannot wait to see what they come up with!

Emily has been showing me fun cloth diapers, and I have to admit I'm starting to get a little excited about them. I've already been considering using cloth inserts at night in the gDipes, specifically I've got my eye on some inserts made of super-absorbent hemp. But now I can't help but think about getting a few pairs of cloth to use at home at night. Check out these cute patterns! And these! How cute would baby Gage be in a dalmatian diaper!?!

No comments: