Friday, March 14, 2008

Mommy, when I was a ...

I think this all started when Gage was born. And I think the first "when I was a ..." had to do with Gage's swing and a fish. How's that for a teaser?!

Picture Braeden standing next to the swing in our living room. He's looking at the back of the swing where there's a scene of fish swimming with a seahorse and a starfish. Then he looks at me.

"Mommy, when I was a fish, I used to swim and swim (using a wavy hand motion to mimic swimming)!"

That was the first time. Since then he's been any number of things...

a cat (even though he's now terrified of cats!)
a crab
a baby (okay, that one I get)
a truck

And most recently it was, "Mommy, when I was water ..." said while we were washing his hands tonight after he peed in the toilet standing up!

No comments: