Friday, April 4, 2008

Three months already


Baby Gage is three months old today! Goodness gracious. I get a little dizzy just thinking about it.

I started this post way back on March 27, Gage's three-month birthday. That should tell you just how far behind I am with my blogging! So, let's get on with it.

First, the facts. I took Gage in to the doctor's office for a weight check Wednesday, March 26. Since we were going to Fearrington Village on Thursday, I knew I wouldn't have time to do it on his three month birthday. First, we had lunch on campus with daddy then we visited the doctor's office. And what did Gage weigh?

11 pounds even. At two months he was 10 pounds 3 ounces. So this is good news. :) I didn't really need the scale to tell me my baby is growing up. We've transitioned him out of his newborn clothes and into 0-3 month and 3 month clothes.

Gage and I have had such a wonderful time over these past three months. We've done our fair share of shopping logging lots of time in Target, Starbucks, TJ Maxx, and Lowe's (the grocery store not the giant home improvement chain!). Mostly Target though! We've had lots of fun eating lunch with friends and going to Keno. And of course we've been to the pediatrician several times for appointments and periodic weight checks. And MeMa flew down here to visit at the end of February.

I know I mentioned this in my 32 things list, but I am so glad I'm a blogger. I love, love, LOVE looking back over past posts and reliving important or just plain silly moments. From the story of Gage's birth to one of his first real baths or his second bottle, I can easily look back over the last three months and remember exactly how we spent them. Add in hours of nursing, burping, and rocking; diaper changes and the switch to cloth; tummy time, laying on the play gym, and sitting in the bumbo; and all the hours I've spent watching him sleep and you can see just how full our days have been.

I wouldn't trade this time for anything. I have never been happier. I don't think our family has ever been happier either.

No comments: