Friday, March 21, 2008

What a day!

Braeden's day care was closed today and Mat had classes, so I got to spend the day with my boys. And we had big plans. :)

This morning Braeden and I made granola (soooo good!) and did laundry. Back in February I found this fantastic granola recipe and haven't stopped making it (or eating it) since. No oil, just applesauce, so it's healthier. Plus oatmeal is good for breastfeeding--increases supply. Anyway, back to the granola...lately I've been enlisting Braeden as my kitchen helper. He's always loved watching cooking shows with me, so since he's gotten older and been in better control of his actions I've been giving him jobs. He helps me beat the eggs for scrambled eggs. He comes running the second he even *thinks* he hears me whisking eggs with a fork. So this morning he helped me make the granola. He held the teaspoon while I measured the cinnamon then dumped it into the bowl. Actually he added most of the ingredients to the bowls after I put the ingredients into spoons and cups. He also stirred the wet ingredients together and stirred the granola when I poured the wet into the dry cereal. He really was a big help. And I love sharing my love of cooking with him!

After lunch, Braeden went upstairs for "quiet time" which is usually anything but. Typically he reads books moving between the futon and his bedroom. He's quiet for 10-15 minutes before he starts bargaining with us to come downstairs. Today he was busy for about 45 minutes. Then I noticed it had gotten really, really quiet upstairs. I snuck up the stairs and saw him asleep on the futon.


I love that he fell asleep with his knees bent like that.

Then, as if the stars had aligned themselves, my other boy fell asleep too.


I bought this "I am huggable" outfit at the Children's Place for Braeden when he was a baby. I saved it because it was one of my favorites. The baseball socks were Braeden's too. In fact, Braeden picked them out this morning for his brother to wear.


After Braeden woke up from his nap, we went to the Children's Museum. Braeden was a nut for the first 40 minutes or so. He ran from thing to thing spending a couple minutes doing each one. He ran us around the entire place from firetruck to sandbox to trains to racecar. Even with all the running around, we still had a great time at the museum.

We came home and Braeden played outside for a little while with Natasha then we went to Monterreys for dinner. All in all, a VERY good day!

No comments: