Saturday, April 5, 2008

Belties!

Last week Mat was on spring break so we decided to go somewhere for the day. We always felt like we couldn't go too far from home for too long because we were still working on potty training Braeden. But now that he can go to the bathroom wherever we are, it was time to get out of town!

We decided to go to Fearrington Village because I wanted Braeden to see the belted cows and goats. It's about 45 minutes from our house, an easy drive on the highway. I forgot the camera and didn't even think to snap any pics with my camera phone. Braeden loved looking at the cows and goats. There was even a young donkey chasing the baby cows around the pen. Too funny.

The Village is beautiful. Brick paths lined with flowers wind lazily around the shops that sell jewelry, knick-knacks, and books. In a nod to Elon, there were a ton of people weeding and watering the flowerbeds. We went in every shop (much to Mat's complete horror) and even bought a few things (even more upsetting to Mat). The greatest thing we bought was a book for Braeden. It is the sweetest, cutest, most wonderful book ever. I am completely in love with these two little pigs! Toot and Puddle. The drawings are wonderful and so is the writing, especially the friendship between two very different pigs. There are a bunch of books, a DVD, and even a game. I'm planning to get them all, that's how much I love Toot and Puddle.

We had a great lunch at the Belted Goat and just enjoyed the sunshine! Another highlight for me was buying the boys belted cow clothes--Braeden got a blue tee shirt and Gage got a white onesie. Braeden looks very sweet in his shirt and I can't wait for summer when Gage will be able to wear his beltie onesie!

We got home and Mat took advantage of the sun and warmth and washed his car. I brought my old Raggedy Ann and Andy blanket outside so I could sit with the boys and watch Mat work. Fun! It was so sunny Braeden decided he needed his sunglasses. I tried to convince him to wear his baseball cap, but that kid sure is stubborn about that hat. I love that it was warm enough for Gage to lay out in the sun in just his gDiaper. He fell asleep on my lap and I made Mat go in for the camera to capture this oh-so-sweet moment. (And don't worry, mom, I covered him up some after Mat took the picture!)

It was a great day!

No comments: