Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bowling Party

Saturday afternoon the whole family headed out to the local bowling alley for Zander's birthday party. Zander is probably, hands down, the sweetest kid ever. Every time I've seen him, he has run to me to give me a hug. He has a huge smile and an even bigger heart. He routinely brings toys from home to school, like six balls, and passes them out to his classmates so they can all play together. He has amaazing hair, too. Ringlets all over his head. And I'm not the only one who loves this kid. Zander is one of Braeden's closest friends at school. This was one of those parties we had to attend.

We weren't sure how the kids would do bowling. I knew they could put bumpers in the lane, but I didn't realize they had bowling shoes that small or balls that light. They even have a bunch of metal things that look like slides. You put your ball at the top then push it down the slide. The ball hits the lane with a great thud and then rolls, very slowly, towards the pins bouncing off the bumpers all the way down. And then your kid's ball actually knocks down pins. 67 in all for Braeden!

Bad mommy that I am, I forgot the camera. In the good mommy column, I always carry my cell which actually takes pretty good pictures. These next few posts show the progression of Braeden bowling.

My kid can bowl. And the best part of all this? Bray's MeMa LOVES to bowl. She has her own shoes. And her own ball. And a bag just for the ball and shoes. She bowls once a week with a school league and gets awards at an annual banquet. Now MeMa can take Braeden bowling sometime! And if I get to go too, I promise to remember the real camera.

Anyway, here's Braeden getting his ball off the ball thing. (What is that stupid thing called??)



The girl in the picture is Zander's older sister, Bre.

No comments: