Monday, May 26, 2008
Here's another outfit I made for Gage. I cut the fabric for the pants Thursday night and finished up the sewing Friday right before Mat and Braeden got home. This pair took me about 45 minutes total, so I'm definitely getting better at this. I reworked my pattern a little to add more room in the seat since Gage's cloth diapers are bulkier than disposables.
In addition to the stars on a blue background, the fabric also has a marbled look. I bought half a yard of several fabrics at the very end of April. This is the second pair of pants I've made with my fabrics. This time I was itching to do the applique, so I looked at a bunch of clip art pictures and finally settled on a fat goldfish. After I had cut out the fish I got this overwhelming urge to get complicated. So, I decided the fish needed a few little bubbles. Stitching a tight zigzag around those little circles was really, really tough. They don't look very good, but I'm doing my best not to care about that! I love it! It all really turned out so sweetly.
Mat and I did a bunch of things around the house during our three-day weekend. For one, we priced the stuff we're going to try to sell at next weekend's yard sale. For me, though, the biggest thing we did was to move my sewing cabinet and machine downstairs to the morning room. Having the machine upstairs just outside Braeden's door meant I couldn't do any sewing at night after he went to bed. Mat measured the morning room and there was plenty of room. I'm so excited to be set up downstairs now. Gage's new tee shirt was the first thing I did in my new space!