Monday I listed Gage's small gDiapers at a couple sites online to try to sell them. A woman in NY e-mailed me Tuesday morning and agreed to my price. Very cool. After she paid me, I washed all of my smalls and the mediums from Mareike, packaged up the smalls, and put Gage in his first medium gDipe. It's sized to fit from 13 to 28 pounds, so it's still pretty big on him but the smalls were just too small for my comfort.
Then tonight I decided to give Gage a little rice cereal after we finished our dinner. The past few days he's seemed less than satisfied at the breast. I attributed that to him still being hungry after nursing. It makes me sad to think that my breast milk isn't enough for him anymore. But at the same time, it's exciting to try new things with him. I mixed a little of the rice cereal with some of my milk and we were ready to go.
I love our morning room, but it's awful to take pictures in. But anyway, here I am feeding Gage his first taste of rice cereal!
He did really well eating. Some cereal dribbled out of his mouth, which I was expecting, but he did a lot better than I thought he would. All told, he probably ate a teaspoon of cereal. He seemed to like it...
The other thing that happened today was big for me, not necessarily for Baby Gage. I finally got my nerve up and appliqued a onesie for Gage. I've been wanting to do it since I made him his first pair of pants, but frankly, I was terrified! I googled applique and found a lot of great resources. I read lots of blog posts, studied tutorials, and then hit the motherload when I found a video on Martha Stewart's site showing exactly what to do. I have a serious thing for Martha. :)
Over the last few weeks I've been compiling a mental list of shapes I could use for my applique. Since I don't draw, I used an image from clip art. And here it is...my first applique!
Can you tell what it is? A VW bug! Gage is going to wear it tomorrow with the matching pants, so I'll be sure to get a picture. We're going to campus for lunch with daddy.
And here's a close-up shot of my zigzag stitching on the applique. This was the thing that was holding me back. I didn't know how to zig. Or zag. I experimented on some scrap fabric and decided to give it a go. Straight lines are easy, but stitching around all my small curves was a little overwhelming. So I just went really slowly, lifted my presser foot a lot, and kept my fingers crossed. And when I was done, I loved it. Loved it.
Braeden was having his bath while I worked. He came out and immediately asked if this was for him. So now I know I need to buy him some plain tees so I can applique something for him too! What a sweet boy to want to wear his mama's stuff. I just love him to pieces.