Monday, June 23, 2008

The new exersaucer

Why is it that kids stop doing whatever it is they're doing the second you get the camera out???

This morning I put Gage in his exersaucer and he went nuts! He was making so much noise. Shrieking and laughing. After a couple minutes I realized I ought to shoot a video of him, so I grabbed my camera. And once I started filming, he got camera-shy or something. I still love the video, but this is a much more subdued Gage than I had intended to film.



I showed Mat this video and could tell he was totally bored. I called him on it, and he said, "Nothing I haven't seen before."

But even though it's not the most exciting video, I'm certain you guys will still enjoy it. :)

Oh, and there's some other big news in Gage's life...he's started sleeping in his crib. For me, that move from our room to his really signifies the end of infancy. He's still a baby, of course, but he's no longer an infant. He's a wiggly baby who rolls around, wakes up in the middle of the night to coo, grab at his feet, kick, flail his arms around, and just generally wake Mat and me up. Braeden was just six months old when we moved him upstairs to his room. It was just before my parents came down for a visit. Braeden had gotten to the point where he was starting to keep us up at night with his antics. I was hoping Gage would be a calmer sleeper so he could stay with me for longer, but I guess maybe it's just how kids get at this age.

Now our nights look something like this:

Gage goes upstairs with Mat for Braeden's bath time. After Braeden is in bed, Mat puts Gage down in his crib. He might fuss a little, but he falls asleep in less than 10 minutes. Around 11:00 or so, I get ready for bed then head upstairs with a diaper. I change Gage, then sit in Nanny's chair and nurse him. He goes back into the crib for the night. This morning he woke up a little before 6:00. Mat and I are enjoying sleep again. But I miss falling asleep looking at Gage.

No comments: