Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back on track

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while; I guess I haven't been in the mood. No excuse, but there it is.

I FINALLY finished the tote bag I was working on for the swap I'm participating in (my first swap). It took me forever. First off, it was a lot harder than I thought to pick out fabrics for someone I don't know. So much pressure. After the fabric selection, I still had to figure out what style tote to make. And that was almost as hard as choosing the fabric. But I'm finally done. And that means I can sew something for myself. :)

Gage's new tooth is coming in nicely. I can see it when he smiles and laughs! It's adorable.

He's also learning to be mobile. It's crazy! If there's a toy he wants, he can roll to get it. But he can also scoot or shimmy there on his tummy. And twice now, we've gone in to his room after nap time and found him on his hands and knees in his crib. When I found him that way today, he seemed upset. I'm not sure if it's because he wasn't happy it took me a few minutes to get upstairs or if it was because he got stuck in that position and didn't know what to do next.

Tomorrow Mat and Braeden are driving to NY to spend a few days with Mat's parents at their farm and then a couple days with my parents. Braeden's very excited. And I know Mat will have a good time once the full day of driving is over. I can't even tell you how much I'm going to miss them.

1 comment:

Mareike said...

Good to see you again. I've been going through B&G withdrawal. I'm sure you'll miss Mat and Braeden but I think it's pretty cool that they are taking a trip together and (if memory serves me)the farm isn't exactly your "cup of tea"