Thursday, July 3, 2008

The little things

I think I like posting random snippets rather than always having to plot out my post, so here's another laundry list of random bits...

Gage and I had lunch with Emily today. So much fun. I loved watching her holding Gage. Plus it was great to be able to eat my sandwich and know someone was entertaining him and taking such good care of him. A definite perk to working in Greensboro (should the job thing happen) would be getting to see her more often. After lunch we went over to JoAnn's to pick up a few things. We went to Wal-Mart yesterday only to find out they weren't selling fabric any longer. Yet another reason to HATE Wal-Mart!

I needed something at Jo-Ann's to finish up a special project I'm working on. I also had to enlist Mat to help me with another part of the project. It's going to be a team effort!

I just entered a contest on another blog to win a $75 gift certificate for an online fabric store. Who wouldn't love that?!?!

Gage fell asleep on the way back to the house. Since he was still asleep when we pulled into the garage, I brought him inside and left him in his car seat in the bathroom. It's a little silly, but he's sleeping soundly. I hate messing up his nap schedule (mid-morning and mid-afternoon) but I also hate being hamstrung by it. Occasionally I want to go out, even if it is during nap time. So, it's not ideal, but it does work for us. :)

Braeden doesn't have school tomorrow for the fourth. It's also his half-birthday, so we have a few presents for him. I think he and I should make a cake, too, to celebrate. He loves to blow out the candles, too. Sweet, right?

Oh, one more Braeden thing...Last evening he was talking about something being beautiful. Then he turned to me and said, "You're beautiful, too, mommy." Precious.

1 comment:

Dena Berg (SugarShop) said...

Thanks for the link! I will enter you twice! Good Luck!!!