Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Me-Ma and P-Pa, part 1

MeMa and P-Pa got to our house in the early afternoon on Monday. They had spent the night in VA which meant they didn't have to drive the full way here in one day. Dad and I picked Braeden up from school while MeMa gave Gage a bottle. That night we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. P-Pa loves the OG and doesn't get to go often since there isn't one close to their house.

Tuesday afternoon P-Pa, Mat, and Braeden went to the pool while MeMa and I stayed home with Gage so he could nap. Then they stayed home with the boys so Mat and I could go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We've been married EIGHT years! We had a great dinner at PF Chang's then spent a little time walking around the Friendly Center, going into shops, and dodging giant rain drops.

Wednesday we went to Chik-fil-A for lunch, another favorite of MeMa and P-Pa's. Braeden was kind of a pill...he was stalling and not eating his lunch but he wanted to go in the playplace. Finally he ate two of his nuggets, dropped two on the floor, and ate a handful of fries. Then he got to go play. He got stuck in the tall tunnel--it has landings that he had to pull himself up onto in order to get to the top. It wasn't hard for Braeden to get up to the top...but when he tried to come back down, his toes didn't reach and he got scared. He started calling for me and I tried to reassure him from outside the tube. He tried to come down a couple times but was too afraid. Instead he went up to the very top! I had to get into the tube and climb up a few steps, contorting my body in weird ways so I would fit into the tunnel made for kids. It was a little awkward, but I was able to get Braeden down to my level. He grabbed hold of me, wrapping his arms around my neck. He was so nervous, and so sweet. I helped him down and he was back to normal.

The only problem we've had is that MeMa got a yucky case of poison ivy pulling weeds in her backyard. The rash started on her neck on the drive here, so she and P-Pa are at urgent care right now trying to get some kind of medicine to clear it up. Hopefully they won't have to sit and wait for too, too long.

When they got here Monday I gave mom the bag I had made for her...we had seen this blue bag in the window of a store in Rhinebeck. The bag had rope handles and said Rhinebeck, NY on it. Mom mentioned liking the handles and I thought I could probably make one like it. Here she is modeling the bag...


And here's a picture of the inside; I gave her two big pockets on one side and a smaller pocket on the other for her cell phone.


And finally, here's a better shot of Nanny's bag (for her wheelchair). I also made her a small pouch to hold tissues. Cute, right?

No comments: