Friday, August 1, 2008

It had to happen sometime...

Gage has his first temperature. We took him to daycare Wednesday morning and Thursday morning to get used to going since I start my new job Monday. I picked him up Thursday at 11:00 to take him to the doctor for what turned out to be a mild case of heat rash. No big deal according to the doctor.

We came home, had lunch, then I put Gage down for his afternoon nap. He slept a LONG time, almost three hours. I nursed him upstairs in his room and the sweet boy fell asleep on my chest. We were so cozy sitting together in Nanny's chair listening to music on his shuffle that I fell asleep too. Just before 5:00 we both woke up and went downstairs for a diaper change. And that's when I noticed he felt warm. Warmer than usual. His temperature was 100.5.

Two mornings in daycare and he gets sick. Unbelievable!

This morning his temp was 100.1 so he stayed home with me instead of going to daycare. Like I mind. :)

After his morning nap his temp was back to normal and he was fine the rest of the day. The upshot to visiting the doctor just to find out everything is fine and the rash should go away in about a week is that I got to put Gage on the scale.

At six months Gage weighed 14 pounds even. Now, at seven months, my little 3rd percentile porker is up to 14 pounds 13 ounces.

And just because it's cute, here's a short video of Gage playing on my old Raggedy Ann and Andy blanket. You can see him show off his new trick where he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks. He also laughs and laughs, so sweet.

1 comment:

Me-ma said...

The photos in your blog are adorable and I enjoyed watching Gage rocking on his hands and knees -- that is very cute! He's going to be getting places now!