Monday, August 11, 2008

My first swap--a major success story!

Wow. There aren't words. Today I came home to find a package waiting for me on our kitchen island. My first thought was that I wasn't expecting any more diapers. Then I figured it was something from my mom like brownies for Braeden. Once I looked at the return address I realized it HAD to be my swap tote. I was so, so, so excited I couldn't wait to open it.

And oh my...I really got lucky when I got Amy for my swap partner! Here's what she sent me:


The bag is incredible! It's made from this lightweight, soft denim accented with these great fabrics from the fresh squeezed fabrics. When I signed up for the swap I mentioned how much I love the fabrics in that line. All the oranges, aquas, and greens made me smile. And inside the bag are a bunch of pockets and more of the fresh squeezed fabrics--a double pocket on the inside back wall made with the polka dot fabric (the same fabric Amy used for the key fob you can see in the picture above) and a big pocket on the inside front wall. I had to take a picture of that pocket because the work she did to make it was so impressive.


Look at that! Amy made a square using four of the fabrics, then framed that with panels of the stripe from she used for the rest of the inside of the bag. Amazing! The pocket is big enough to hold a magazine.

Can you tell how much I love it???!!!

The other part of the swap was to enclose a yard of fabric and a recipe or something else crafty. Amy sent along two magazines full of recipes which I'll be poring over for weeks. And she sent two flannel fabrics. In her note she wrote that she had seen the adorable outfits I made for my son and thought I could make PJs for both of my boys using the turtle flannel she sent. How sweet is that? And yes, I will most definitely make some PJs for my two boys with this flannel.

I can't wait to start using my tote! And please, check out Amy's blog and see the pictures of her beautiful redheaded kids! Thank you, Amy! I hope you got an incredible tote in return...you deserve it!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you liked it!

Me-ma said...

That is just the sweetest tote and materials you received through the blog swap! Wonderful that you and others can enjoy the art of creating and receiving too!