Friday, August 15, 2008

Sick again

Every night this week Gage has had a temperature in the evening. He hasn't been sent home early from daycare but we've taken his temp before bed and it's consistently been right around 100.3. Then when he wakes up in the morning, he's fine. No temp. I hope we can kick whatever this is when he's home with us this weekend.

Whatever bug he's got I've got too. Yesterday we were able to go home early after our half-day retreat. By mid-morning I knew I was sick. I was so cold but sweating at the same time. Never a good sign. I popped a couple advil on the drive home and played a guessing game with myself over what my temperature would be. 101.5! Yikes! I climbed into bed, pumped, and fell fast asleep. Woke up, pumped again, and it was time for the boys to get home. Mat was very surprised to find me there in my PJs.

Luckily for me I woke up feeling better Friday morning. No temp but a wicked sore throat. I worried I would feel worse by the end of the day but I was okay. My throat still hurt, but no temp. I can't say the same for Gage, though. He felt really warm tonight. His temp was 101.1. Poor baby. But he still ate a good dinner and played nicely. While Mat gave Braeden his bath, I changed Gage into his nighttime diaper and nursed him on our bed. He and I both fell asleep. It reminded me of when we used to co-sleep. I really miss those days.

On a happier note, I wanted to show you how Gage is starting to get around. He's not crawling, but he's got his own technique to move forward.

2 comments:

Mareike said...

Gage is so cute. I could watch him all day. I love the butt in the air move. He'll have this crawling thing figured out in no time.

Me-ma said...

So sorry both baby Gage and Mommy have been sick off and on this past week. Hope you are both on the mend. I call Gage's method of getting around "scooching"! And I especially like the time when he straightened his back legs and threw himself over on his side -- another alternative to crawling!!