Friday, October 31, 2008

Hold your applause...

A couple of housekeeping things to get out of the way before my real post...

In the video, Gage is walking with the hungry hippo. Mom bought it for Braeden when he was around this age. She got it at a yard sale for a couple of bucks but it sells new for $30 at Target. Mom gets the greatest baby stuff at yard sales, especially one sale at a local church. I went back to see if I had video of Braeden pushing the hippo around and couldn't find any on youtube. I did find this post from December 27 (good date!) on his blog about him starting to use the hippo. It looks like Gage is getting going on the walking thing earlier than Bray did.

About the socks...size small, blue & green color combo. :) Braeden and I were snuggling last night and he remembered he didn't have the socks, so I sent him to the top of the stairs to call down to Mat who brought them right up to him. He also had them on this morning. He's a boy obsessed! And what kind of mommy would I be if I took them back now? He would be bereft! So you see, I really REALLY need those new socks!

And now on to the big news...Gage started clapping! He started doing it a week or so ago, and it's so cute. It's one of those random things he does sometimes, so it might be hard to catch it on video. Maybe this weekend I can sit him down with Braeden. If Bray claps, maybe Gage will follow suit and I can capture it on film. We've got lots going on tomorrow so this might have to be Sunday's project.

Tomorrow Mat and I are going to the Gibsonville Fire House for early voting. Braeden should be psyched to spend a little time with the fire trucks. I'm on the fence about early voting. I love getting it done early and (hopefully) avoiding long lines and wait times on Tuesday. The Fire House is a lot more convenient than our regular polling place. And it's fun that we can go all together as a family. But I think I'll miss out on that rush, that feeling of excitement you get when you vote on Election Day. I guess it won't matter too much; the important thing is to vote, right? Well, that and voting for the right guy to win!

Remember the last time we voted?? This time I promise there will be pictures! Oh, and for the presidential four years ago they had a kids voting booth...I hope they have one of those. I know Braeden would LOVE to vote. And we all know who he'll be voting for!

Did I tell you he's started saying that John McCain is a bad man? Guess who he got that from? :) And do I feel bad about it? Not in the least. He is a bad man and he would be a bad president. And don't even get me started on his running mate, a woman whose name I don't even want on my blog!

I'm getting a hair cut tomorrow and a facial! My favorite spa has hired some new people, so they're booking appointments at 30% off to give the new people exposure. Nice, huh? And I am so excited to have a few hours of "me" time tomorrow. As much as I love my boys and our special weekend times, it will be soooo nice for a few hours of quiet.

No comments: