Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Just a quick post to say Merry Christmas! We're in Rhinebeck with my parents and are having our first white Christmas in years! I'm thrilled, to say the least! I've been dreaming of a white Christmas for years. And I really wanted one for Braeden's sake. All he knows is NC snow. I want him to know NY snow. And this year I finally got my wish. He hasn't been out in yet, but tomorrow is going to be our snow day.

Mom bought him boots, snow pants, and a new Carhartt jacket. She also knit him a hat. He should be all set. We're looking forward to making a snowman, having a snowball fight, and going sledding. I'll admit to having an idealized vision of how snow play will go...I'm not naive enough to believe it will be perfect, but I'm hopeful that Braeden will have fun!

We had a fantastic Christmas. Kind of slow and lazy, actually. Not nearly as frenzied as the ones I remember from my childhood. We opened stockings this morning, and I think Braeden would have been content with just those things. He got a tiny garbage truck he's wanted for months, a smal combine, and a Unamog matchbox plus some candy, a toothbrush, and a snowman Pez dispenser. Then we had breakfast and put Gage down for a nap. And it was finally time to move into the sun room and open presents.

I've got pictures, so I'll post those tomorrow or the next day. Abi and Jeremy got here around 2-ish and we opened more presents. We ate dinner--roast beef, yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas--around 6:00.

Like I said, tomorrow is snow day. I think one day we might take Braeden to see the Tale of Despereaux. This is a big deal because we've never taken him to a movie. A couple of his friends have been, and I've talked to their moms about it. I thought it would be fun to do it with MeMa and P-Pa. One day mom, Abi, and I are going to do something. A girl's outing. We haven't decided what...shopping at the outlets in Lee, MA or a trip to Trader Joe's in Danbury, CT. The big joke this year is that all the presents came from Trader Joe's. Silly.

Anyway, it's past time for bed especially since Mat and I have slept like crap for two nights now thanks to Gage's third ear infection in a month's time. Poor kid.

2 comments:

Me-ma said...

Thanks for spending christmas with us in NY -- the snow, a lot of it, was especially for you and Braeden!! Glad Braeden got to play in the snow on the 26th as after that we had our typical rain, snow combo, leaving the snow grainy and slippery! It was a wonderful holiday. We have so many fun things to talk about and the boys were very special!

Me-ma said...

Thanks for spending christmas with us in NY -- the snow, a lot of it, was especially for you and Braeden!! Glad Braeden got to play in the snow on the 26th as after that we had our typical rain, snow combo, leaving the snow grainy and slippery! It was a wonderful holiday. We have so many fun things to talk about and the boys were very special!