Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful for Turkeys

We had a good Thanksgiving this year. It's becoming my tradition to host my in-laws for the day. Last year was the exception when Mat, Braeden, and I did turkey day by ourselves. Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays, and it makes me sad not to spend the day in Rhinebeck. Because I love this day so much, I like to host it at my house so that I can have it exactly the way I want it. :) Well, if I had it exactly the way I wanted it, the turkey would be shoe-leather dry. But for Mat, I dp what I can to keep it moist.

Here's a picture of Braeden playing turkey fields with my centerpiece.


And a picture of my Thanksgiving table Carol took.


I really need to buy some nice trivets so I don't have to use all of my weird, mismatched pot holders. I wanted to put the butter in a dish, but Mat absolutely wouldn't let me. He thought I was nuts for even thinking about it. I also know I need a gravy boat...I used a bowl with a ladle instead. A gravy boat would have been much more official looking. Oh, and I should work on my father-in-law about not drinking his beer from a can at a formal meal like this one. Beer in a can is fine for pizza or sandwiches. But glasses should be mandatory for Thanksgiving. And tupperware cups like the green one? Yikes. Should have made Mat use a real glass. We do own them, even though I almost always use plastic. And Mat should too since he has a tendency to break the real ones.

But the best part of my Thanksgiving?

These...

1 comment:

Me-ma said...

Love the artwork -- great!! And baby Gage looked so official at the tool bench, just needs a work hat on and he'd be ready to collect a paycheck. And sleeping in that little seat is adorable. Can't wait to see him!