Thursday, June 18, 2009

What a great way to spend an hour!!

I had the best time at lunch today updating my etsy faves! If you've never noticed or haven't stopped to look at them in a while, check out the sidebar on the right. Clicking on a picture will take you to that item at a particular etsy shop.

I wish I could remember what first tipped me off to etsy...I do know that the first thing I bought off etsy was this amazing wristlet with a wallet and zip change purse built in. I bought it while I was home with Gage. It was way too hard to carry a purse, diaper bag, and a 7-pound baby in a 9-pound baby carrier. Something had to give, and I decided it was the purse. I searched for wristlets on etsy and after spending hours (literally) looking at all the options, I settled on one from a shop called blissful. After it came, I started reading Quenna's blog and learned she was experimenting with a wristlet/wallet combo and I started having buyer's remorse. I e-mailed her and she very graciously agreed to take back the wristlet I bought and send me a new one with the wallet inside. I HATED sending back my new wristlet but I knew the new one would be soooo much better. And now, almost 18 months later, that wristlet is one of THE BEST things I've ever bought!

How about a quick tour of some of my other fave purchases??

I bought this cute desk calendar for my mom for Christmas. It stands upright on a CD case which also holds the pages not in use. How clever is that??!!

This adorable felt ornament was featured on the main page of etsy one day, and I fell in love with it! I had an immediate reaction to it...I still can't explain it except to say that it's perfect. And it hangs in my kitchen from one of the knobs on my buffet. I see it every day and I love it as much today as I did when I bought it just after Christmas.

I've already blogged about my leaves...I bought them to go in a great (cheap!) white vase I bought at IKEA when I went with Emily and Jenny.

Last but not least, I bought something absolutely amazing for Braeden! He likes to pretend he's fishing. He uses yarn, scarves, my yardstick, anything long that he can dangle into the "water" from his "boat". So I bought him a fishing pole and magnetic fish! And he LOVES them!!

So, I hope you'll check out my favorites and take a little time to explore etsy and find your own faves! And if any of my faves should end up in your shopping cart on their way to NC, I would be ever so grateful! I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping that list up-to-date, so take a quick peek at it every so often. You might find something you can't live without!!

No comments: