Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Ansel Adams in the making

Since Braeden's birthday falls right after Christmas, we decided to celebrate his half-birthday too. It's fun to have a little party in the middle of the year. Plus, his half-birthday falls on July 4...and who wouldn't want fireworks on their birthday?!?! When he turned 4 1/2 we gave him his own camera. He'd started taking pictures with mine and they were turning out really great.


And since I didn't blog about it at the time, I thought I would post a picture of him with his half-birthday cupcake. That is one happy kid!


Here's the picture I took of Braeden taking his first picture...


And here's the picture he took...


Mat's been bugging me to download the pictures from his camera for months, so yesterday I finally did. 187 pictures! And going through them, I was pretty surprised. Some were blurry or out of focus, but most were really good. Granted, a lot of them were of the furniture and toys. But a number of them were of us.

Gagey seems to be one of his favorite subjects and there are a lot of pictures of him.

Here's Gage after a bath one night...


Gage running towards him...


This one is interesting...there are a number of pictures Braeden took while Gage was still in his crib. So a couple of different mornings, Braeden came downstairs to get his camera and then went into Gage's room when he woke up (and before Mat or I went upstairs) and took pictures of him in his crib. I love that they had these funny little moments together while Mat and I were still sleeping.


And here's Gage in his high chair...


Then there were the pictures of me (or part of me). I'm only including the good ones because that's my prerogative (as Bobby Brown would say).

No, I'm not really sleeping but I did have my eyes shut to protect against the flash. He took several of these!


Me in the kitchen...He took a bunch of pictures of me from below and that's not the most flattering angle, so I think I leaned forward to try to combat that.


This one I like. Just me sitting on the floor in the kitchen...


I also like the ones he took of his toys. I like seeing how his mind works.

His beloved pig...


A half-eaten pretzel rod on the counter with a bunch of my crap...


And a grouping of favorite cars and planes on the floor...


And he also took a bunch of self-portraits. He looks really scary in most, but in this one he actually smiled. And I think it's a terrific picture of him!


And then there's this one...


How cute are those feet?!?!

No comments: