Monday, February 22, 2010

Good weather = an afternoon at the park

After so much winter weather, we finally had a nice weekend. And of course I had to work all day Saturday for a board meeting. When I finally did out, I took Braeden to Hillsborough to visit one of my favorite yarn shops. I promised him a trip to a coffee shop down the street but it was already closed by the time we got there. Braeden was looking forward to a cookie so he was pretty disappointed. As we walked back to the car, a woman just closing up her realtor's office popped out and offered him a cookie. Crazy, right?

We headed to Chapel Hill next for a trip to Trader Joe's. I had given Braeden a dollar to buy his cookie, so he still had it when we got to TJ's. He was calling it his lucky dollar and I asked him why. "It's my dollar, mommy, so I can call it whatever I want," he said. He just cracks me up!

Sunday was a beautiful day, so after nap time was over we took the boys to the park. Us and about 100 other parents, that is. It was Gagey's first trip to the park and it took him forever to warm up to it. Finally he decided he liked driving the firetruck so that's what he did for about 20 minutes.


Once he decided he liked the park, he was pretty unstoppable. We went down the slide a few times, climbed up and down stairs, walked across a bridge, and even climbed up the rock wall.


One of Braeden's school friends was there so they played together for a while. He was very sweet, though, and kept coming over to the toddler park to check on Gage. And to rest a little. He plays hard all the time! When it finally came time to go, neither kid wanted to leave.

No comments: